Thursday, December 13, 2007

Beowulf

Okay so, WOW!!!!
This movie was visually staggering!!!!
Between the intimate scenes and the animation, I could not tell what was real and what was fake at some points in the movie!!!!
Okay so, I know, the movie came out like, 2 or 3 months ago, and I haven't been keeping you guys updated. AND I'M SORRY ABOUT IT!!!! But man, does senior year freaking KILL you, if you have a crazy mother, who is like, best friends with one of your teachers.

Anywhos--

So, back to Beowulf.
Alright well, after I saw the movie, I just had to see if there was anything else to the story. Now, I feel stupid admitting this but, I did not know that it was a poem. I know, I know.... how shameful, right? Well, anyways, so, when I got home, well, more like the day or two after, I googlified Beowulf and guess what!? There is like, half of the story missing!!!! I'm so shocked, right? I mean hello, it HOLLYWOOD!, Captain Obvious! But still, I mean, if you are going to take something so monumental, at least tell the whole damn story, right? I mean, geez, it's like how the new director is treating Harry Potter. But, we wont go into that right now.
Back to Beowulf -- so, the story was only partially told, and I started to read it, only coming to realize that well, I was not that interested in the story. maybe because I was reading a terrible translation into English? I don't know. However, if you want something visually and sensually stimulating, you must see Beowulf.
Although, I don't think that any theatres are showing it anymore.... okay so scratch that - you will just have to wait for it to come out on DVD in a few more months.
So, until next time--

No comments: