Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Love You, Man

Alright so, I totally got an awesome opportunity tonight - I got to see a private screening of a movie. This has not happened for me before. The movie? I Love You, Man.
Not only was this movie hilarious, but the actors were great, as was the story-line. Now, it is a little twist off of a combination of other movies but it is pretty original. The only problem I had with it, was that it took a bit too long to get to the climax of the story. Sure, it was great to see the friendship develop, but at the same time, I even caught myself looking at my watch. This rarely happens, as I am such an avidly fanatically-minded person, but when it does happen, it's for a reason. This time, it's because the development of Peter & Sydney's relationship took a bit too long.
However, as sexual as some of the jokes were, the costumes were fine, the lighting was great, transitions and shots were put together beautifully, and most of the wide frames were good. However, some of the moving wide frames were a little fuzzy, leaving the viewer confused as to if the editor was using footage from the area, or just used it as a fill, and the footage was from some place that had nothing to do with the setting.
All in all, this was a great film, though there could have been some improvement in certain areas for sure. However, for the current economic situation, this film did well on it's budget (presumably). There were definitely some memorable quotes from this movie, though; "Give some back", "You whore!", and course, "I'd like to make a spee-- NO!!!!"
So, until next time--

No comments: